- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Further Education
- Who is Who
- Research and Publications
- Conferences and Workshops
Great to see you here! You have done well choosing to check out these pages! EUSP in general, and the Department of Economics, in particular, is the brand for a young researcher of a new sort, the one wishing to develop and perfect their personality, committed and looking for success, never complacent, never resting on their laurels!
What is EUSP?
In a formal lingo, we, the European University at St. Petersburg, are a non-state (private) institution of higher professional education, which is licensed to provide services in higher professional education and further professional education (for more details please see section About Us).
The fact that we are private implies that we are not dependent on the state budget, however that does not adversely affect the quality of education that you will get here. The quality of MA degree from EUSP has over the years become known and appreciated by academia and industry employers both in Russia and abroad.
Moreover, in 2013 we completed a full formal validation of our MA programmes by the Russian Ministry of Education! In other words, the EUSP MA degree is of the «state standard», i.e. no worse than a degree from a state institution.
We see our mission in disseminating modern economic knowledge, in providing quality education to our students, and in advancing best research practices to the benefit of Russian society, the state and business. Equally we value the spirit of partnership between our students, lecturers and professors — for only in promotion of such values one can be aspired to become a true leader in sciences and humanities in the XXI century!
What Are You in For at EUSP?
By entering the EUSP Department of Economics you will able to
- study in prime MA programmes «Modern Economics: Theory and Practice» (pdf) and «Financial Economics» (pdf);
- attend lectures of academics invited to EUSP from all over the world;
- mingle between students from Russia, as well as those from European countries and the USA enrolled on one of the EUSP International Programmes;
- attend lectures and courses in other EUSP Departments and International Programmes, provided you know how to organise your time efficiently;
- immerse yourself into a family atmosphere and an environment where independence of thinking is highly valued;
- communicate with the faculty on equal footing;
- learn how to successfully apply for grants, and take part in various workshops, seminars, conferences, and summer schools, within EUSP and beyond, in Russia and Europe!
Information for prospective students is available from the menus on the left. Please note the Deadlines section!
Please feel welcome to come to our offices, drop us a line or call us — we shall be happy to answer your questions
- By snail mail: Department of Economics, European University at St. Petersburg, 3 Gagarinskaya St., St. Petersburg, 191187, Russia
- By phone: +7 (812) 386-7632