One-year MA in Energy Politics in Eurasia (ENERPO)
Duration: 1 year
Workload: 60 credits
Next start: February 1, 2017
Application deadline: October 30, 2016
One-year intensive ENERPO Master’s degree program focus specifically on Eurasian energy affairs. In the 21st century competition and cooperation over the energy resourses has become one of key factors in the international affairs. You will learn and discuss a variety of topics including Russia-Europe and Russia-Asia energy relations and challanges, LNG and shale gas "revolutions", influence of energy sector on politics, economics and social development in Russia, Central Asia, Middle East and the Caucasus.
ENERPO is the only program in Russia that gives you the opprotunity to
- get an MA in Energy Politics in Eurasia in one year;
- select the courses by the leading scholars and experts;
- attend open lectures and special workshops;
- contribute articles to ENERPO Journal and the ENERPO Newsletter;
- study in English language, learn and improve your Russian;
- enjoy the life in St. Petersburg.
You will study energy international relations in the most open, independent and cosmopolitan academic environment in Russia with the best conditions to study Eurasian energy politics and getting Russia right.
ENERPO provides a solid basis for a career in international energy companies, academia, public service and mass media.
BA degree. No prior knowledge of Russian is needed.
You may start ENERPO twice a year. The fall semester starts at the beginning of September. The spring semester starts at the beginning of February. You may choose whichever start date best suits your needs.
Admissions continue on a rolling basis. Early applications are strongly encouraged. Due to a somewhat lengthy Russian Study Visa issuing process we ask to send the completed application form no later than
October 30, 2016 for enrollment in Spring Semester 2017
April 30, 2017 for enrollment in Fall Semester 2017
In case you miss the deadline, please write to us to discuss the possibility of late application.
There are 3 easy steps to apply for ENERPO program at EUSP:
- Complete the Application form
- Send us all required documents
- Receive notification of acceptance/rejection
- Scanned copy of your Passport. Your international passport validity period must be at least 6 months following the date you are planning to leave Russia on completing the program (e.g. if you intend to stay in Russia until June 30, 2018 your passport expiry date shouldn't be earlier than December 30, 2018)
- Scanned copy of your Bachelor's degree diploma (or documentation that proves you will receive your diploma this year)
- Scanned copy of your Academic Transcript
- Your Statement of Purpose (about 500 words, including statement of goals, research interests and experiences, including the subject of your bachelor thesis)
- Two letters of recommendation from academics who are closely acquainted with your academic work
- Your Curriculum Vitae
Application selection procedure:
Applications are assessed by the EUSP International Programs Admissions Committee, which is made up of the Dean, Academic Director and faculty members. On the basis of the documents submitted, the Admissions Committee evaluates each applicant's ability to complete the program successfully in one year. Applicants can expect an admission decision approximately two weeks after submitting a complete application.